Interior Decorator Jenifer Yoon bought these chairs at ReStore and gave them a fresh and colorful look.
Jen said the steps for this project were:
- Bought chairs from ReStore for $5 each
- Bought new upholstery fabric and some additional batting to add more cushion to the seat.
- Using the fabric as inspiration, she then selected a spray paint color to repaint the chair frame.
- Unscrewed the seat of the chair and removed from the frame.
- Used a fine grit sand paper on the chair frame to allow the paint to better adhere to the metal surface.
- Primed the frame using spray paint primer.
- Painted 3-5 coats of red paint
- Finished with 2 coats of high gloss clear coat spray paint.
- Removed old upholstery fabric
- Added on additional batting & fabric
- Used a staple gun to secure it to the wood base of the seat
- After the fabric was attached and trimmed up, used a staple gun to add some black fabric to the bottom of the chair to hide the rough edges.
- Once the spray paint was fully dried, she reattached the seat to the frame and Voila! From frumpy and outdated to adorable and appealing!