- Sand paper
- Sanding block
- Paint or stain of your choice(paint used Glidden White Lagoon GLC29)
- Paint brush
- Old towel
- New hardware
- Remove hardware and drawers
- Attach sand paper to your sanding block and sand dresser
- Once you are satisfied with the finish, use old towel to wipe down and remove saw dust
- Now you are ready to paint or stain – to achieve the shabby chic look, I used a cheap paint brush to show streaking and applied the paint in two thin coats.
- Once the paint dries you can distress the piece to your liking. I roughed the edges with sand paper and took fine sandpaper to the entire piece.
- Attach hardware and voila, you have an amazing piece of furniture
Check out how great this piece looks in a guest bedroom!
Don’t forget – all of these items can be purchased at ReStore! Make sure you check back for more great trash to treasure projects!
We would love to see what you built!
Please share your ideas and projects with us: firstname.lastname@example.org