Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County ReStores are two nonprofit retail outlets specializing in the resale of quality new and gently used furniture, appliances and building supplies at 50 to 75% off retail prices. Not only does ReStore offer quality, low-cost products to the community, but all proceeds go directly toward building affordable housing for low-income families in Montgomery County, Maryland. Additionally, by taking in used items, ReStore diverts tons of usable material from local landfills (ReStore diverted approximately 354 tons of waste in 2011 alone).
9100 Gaither Road, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20877
12006 Plum Orchard Dr, Silver Spring, MD 20904
|Gaithersburg||Monday through Saturday – 9am to 5 pm, Closed Sunday|
|Silver Spring||Tuesday through Saturday – 10 am to 6 pm|
Marketing & Communications Manager
Sales Manager Assistant
Donations Coordinator/Volunteer Coordinator
Items may be dropped off Monday – Saturday from 10am to 4pm to Habitat ReStore in Gaithersburg, MD. For larger items, please contact the ReStore donation office at (301)947-3302 or by email at ReStore@habitat-mc.org to schedule a pick-up. All donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
We here at ReStore would like to thank everyone who has provided us with excellent donations over the years. Your donations lead to our success. In order to ensure that our merchandise is in good condition and ready to sell we’ve created updated Donation Guidelines. Please see below:
Items We Accept:
- Appliances – refrigerators, range tops, ovens, washers, dryers, freezers, microwaves, dishwashers. (Appliances must be clean and in perfect working order, aired-our/defrosted if applicable)
- Cabinets – must be complete units, structurally intact, with doors, shelving and display racks. (Single cabinets will be taken on a case by case basis)
- Flooring Material – tile no less than 25 square feet, new hardwood complete boxes, new carpet (8×10 rolls or larger).
- Furniture – must be good to excellent condition (no tears, stains, etc.), sofas, love seats, coffee tables, bedroom and dining room furniture, etc.
- Lighting – must be working with all parts, kitchen/dining room chandeliers and sconces, compact fluorescent bulbs, floor and table lamps, bath lighting and fixtures.
- Lumber – millwork (clean, trim must be 7′ or longer), vinyl base, decking material, fencing material, de-nailed/de-stapled, drywall, plywood (must be full sheets in good condition)
- Mirrors – with frames only.
- Plumbing – usable fixtures, vanity tops only with cabinets, heavy-duty faucet fixtures, parts, supplies, pedestal sinks, toilets (1.6 gallon/low-flush only), brand new tubs, PVC pipes
- Roofing – new or excellent condition.
- Windows – only matching set, insulated glass.
- Hardware – nuts, bolts, screws, nails (unused)
Legal restrictions prevent us from accepting some items and we do not accept items that are structurally broken. Please clean items before donating them to ReStore. Also, we have limited storage capacity and may be unable to receive certain items. If we are unable to accept your donation, we’d be happy to provide you with a list of other donation and disposal centers that may be able to assist you.
Thank you again for thinking of ReStore!